The first step is to register for an exam. This can be done online or – in exceptional cases – personally in our office.
Dates, Prices + Registration
Please note that the final registration deadlines are two days prior to the examination date. It is possible, however, that some examinations are fully booked before the deadline: We recommend you to register at least one week prior to the examination date. If the registration deadline for an examination date has passed, registration is no longer possible without exception. In this case, please refer to the website of the Austrian Integration Fund for examination dates offered by other examination centers.
For the registration you’ll need:
- a valid official photo ID (see “Photo ID“ under the topic “Prerequisites for Participation”),
- a current registration confirmation (it is issued by the responsible registration authority, e.g. municipal office or magistrate, and, if a citizen card is available, can also be requested online in the “ZMR – Central Registration Register”),
- your e-card (if you have one) and of course
- you have to pay the exam fee.
If you register online, you must upload all documents and arrange for an online payment. If you prefer to register personally, please bring along all listed documents (original plus copies) as well as the examination fee in cash.
In order to take part in the test, you must bring one of the following certifications regarding SARS-CoV-2 (Corona virus):
- A certificate issued by an authorized body confirming a negative result obtained from a molecular-biological test for SARS-CoV-2, which must have been taken no more than 72 hours previously.
- A certificate issued by an authorized body confirming a negative result obtained from an antigen test for SARS-CoV-2, which must have been taken no more than 24 hours previously.
- Proof of recovery from an infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 180 days or medical confirmation of recovery from an infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the last 180 days, confirmed by molecular-biological testing.
- Proof of the presence of neutralizing antibodies, which is not older than 90 days.
- An isolation notice, if issued for a person confirmed to have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the 180 days prior to the intended date of testing.
- Proof of one of the following types of vaccinations administered with a centrally authorized COVID-19 vaccine:
(a) Second vaccination received no more than 360 days previously, with at least 14 days passing between the first and second dose.
(b) Vaccination, starting from the 22nd day after receiving the vaccination for those vaccinations involving a single dose of vaccine, received no more than 270 days previously.
(c) Vaccination, provided that a positive molecular-biological test for SARS-CoV-2 was recorded at least 21 days prior to vaccination or proof of the presence of neutralising antibodies was provided before the vaccination, with no more than 270 days having elapsed since the vaccination.
Further vaccination received no more than 360 days previously, and with at least 120 days having passed between this vaccination and one of the vaccinations listed before.
We are a licenced exam center for the levels A1, A2, B1 and B2 of the Austrian Integration Fund. The activities of the ÖIF are directed at recognized refugees, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, non-member citizens, people with migration backgrounds etc. All levels of the Austrian Integration Fund correspond to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The ÖIF exams comply with the legal requirements, meet the highest standards in terms of quality and are therefore recognized by Austrian authorities and employers as an official proof of language skills and for obtaining a valid residence permit (citizenship, fulfillment of the integration agreement).
You can resit an exam as a whole as often as you like. It is, however, not possible to resit individual parts of the exam.
To prepare for the integration exam, the ÖIF provides the free app “My integration in Austria”. The app is available in the “Apple Store App” and “Google Play Store”. The brochure “My life in Austria. Chances and Rules” and the brochure “Living and integration in Austria. Security and Police” offer further support in preparing for the integration exam.
Exam Levels + Prices
* Notwithstanding the name, the Integration Test is actually a language examination, which was developed by the highly respected company telc (The European Language Certificates) and which is widely recognized throughout Europe. Thus, the exams of the ÖIF (Austrian Integration Fund) represent valid proof of language competence in the European higher education area (ERASMUS +). Please verify in advance whether the examination is actually recognized by the university in question. We recommend this procedure for all exams, regardless of the provider.
Last update: May 27, 2021
Prerequisites for Participation
Important: If you don’t have the listed documents with you, you can NOT take the exam without exception!