The first step is to register for an exam. This can only be done online without exceptions.
Dates, Prices + Registration
Please note that the final registration deadlines are two days prior to the examination date. It is possible, however, that some examinations are fully booked before the deadline: We recommend to register at least one week prior to the examination date. If the registration deadline for an examination date has passed, registration is no longer possible without exception. In this case, please refer to the website of the Austrian Integration Fund for examination dates offered by other examination centers.
For the registration you’ll need:
- a valid official photo ID (see “Photo ID“ under the topic “Prerequisites for Participation”),
- a current registration confirmation (it is issued by the responsible registration authority, e.g. municipal office or magistrate, and, if a citizen card is available, can also be requested online in the “ZMR – Central Registration Register”),
- your e-card (if you have one) and of course
- you have to pay the exam fee.
For administrative reasons the registration can – without exception – only be done online.
We are a licenced exam center for the levels A1, A2, B1 and B2 of the Austrian Integration Fund. The activities of the ÖIF are directed at recognized refugees, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, non-member citizens, people with migration backgrounds etc. All levels of the Austrian Integration Fund correspond to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The ÖIF exams comply with the legal requirements, meet the highest standards in terms of quality and are therefore recognized by Austrian authorities and employers as an official proof of language skills and for obtaining a valid residence permit (citizenship, fulfillment of the integration agreement).
You can resit an exam as a whole as often as you like. It is, however, not possible to resit individual parts of the exam.
To prepare for the integration exam, the ÖIF provides the free app “My integration in Austria”. The app is available in the “Apple Store App” and “Google Play Store”. The brochure “My life in Austria. Chances and Rules” and the brochure “Living and integration in Austria. Security and Police” offer further support in preparing for the integration exam.
Exam Levels + Prices
* Notwithstanding the name, the Integration Test is actually a language examination, which was developed by the highly respected company telc (The European Language Certificates) and which is widely recognized throughout Europe. Thus, the exams of the ÖIF (Austrian Integration Fund) represent valid proof of language competence in the European higher education area (ERASMUS +). Please verify in advance whether the examination is actually recognized by the university in question. We recommend this procedure for all exams, regardless of the provider.
Last update: March 24, 2022
Prerequisites for Participation
Important: If you don’t have the listed documents with you, you can NOT take the exam without exception!