Our language teaching professionals …
- are exclusively native speakers;
- are thoroughly versed in language teaching methodology;
- have many years of experience teaching international learners;
- master the modern methods and techniques of foreign language teaching based on the objectives set by the Council of Europe;
- take part regularly in training and further education events.
Our team is composed of:
- 30 instructors for “German as a foreign language”;
- 6 instructors for English from Great Britain, Canada, the USA, Australia and Ireland;
- 6 instructors for Italian;
- 3 instructors for Slovenian;
- 2 instructors for Spanish; and
- 2 instructors for Russian.
The language teaching program is carried out under expert guidance and with the use of the most up-to-date teaching methods. The founder of the language center, Prof. Dr. Robert Saxer, left us in March 2016 after a short serious illness. We will never forget you, dear Robert. Thank you for everything!
We work closely with the following institutes of the University of Klagenfurt:
- Institute for German Studies – especially the department “German as a Foreign Language”
- Department of English
- Institute for Romance Studies and
- Institute for Slavonic Studies